Tuesday 12 April 2011

Yolande's first post in which she didn't have time to research

I didn't have any time to research anything for my day. Hopefully I'll have something prepared for next time, if I can fit it what with the frantic knitting and PhD stuff I have to do over the next few weeks.

So I just thought I'd link to a fun website which sells T-shirts with the definition of Bogus:
1. Counterfeit or fake, not genuine.
2. Incorrect, useless, or broken.
3. To claim chiropractic can treat colic or asthma.
4. To use libel law not evidence to defend a claim.


They were created when Simon Singh was being brought to court under British libel laws by the British Chiropractic Association which they eventually dropped. I had thought the funds went to that whole thing because he was put badly out of pocket by it, but it doesn't mention it there. Oh well, they're cool t-shirts anyway.

I'm sure most people here know it but the whole thing is summed up at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Singh#Chiropractic_lawsuit_and_backlash anyway.

Thanks for reading,
Yolande.

P.S. I don't blog so I'm not really savvy with social faux pas etc. Meep!

No comments:

Post a Comment